Sector-based work academies
For warehouse and supply chain firms in the Liverpool City Region, TRS offers the option to recruit and train new warehouse operators through the government-funded sector-based work academy programme (SWAP).
The programme consists of a two-week recruitment and training schedule for new warehouse operators. TRS collaborate with Jobcentre Plus to identify suitable applicants for any warehousing vacancies. Before being interviewed, these individuals undergo an intensive course covering manual handling, IOSH certification and forklift truck licence acquisition, and industry-standard training in infection control, sustainability and waste management, cost efficiency and productivity.
Employers then interview the individuals who have completed the course, offering jobs to those who match their requirements.
Sector-based work academies: The Facts
The sector-based work academy programme:
- Supports employers in creating a skilled workforce for their business
- Prepares those receiving unemployment benefits to apply for jobs in a different area of work
- Helps meet employers’ immediate and future recruitment needs & recruit a workforce with the right skills to sustain future growth
- Is administered by Jobcentre Plus in partnership with a designated training provider (TRS)
- Consists of the components outlined below:
- Pre-employment training – matched to the needs of your business
- Fork Lift Truck & warehouse training
- A guaranteed job interview with the employer on completion of the course
Sector-based work academies: Additional info
There is no obligation on the part of the employer to offer individuals a job at the end of the training. Placements on the programme are open to all job seekers aged 18+, and participants remain on benefits whilst training. There is no cost to the employer for running a sector-based work academy, as training and administration costs are covered by government funding.
We can offer this to employers in the Liverpool City Region area as a standalone training service or as part of the TRS Logistics Academy Development service.
For more information, please get in touch with Kevin Birch 07788 120 608 or leave your details on our web form.