TRS Training is currently recruiting for an LGV driver apprenticeship position in Oxford. The apprentice will be employed by easyStorage, a member of the easy family of brands, offering the no-frills approach to storage.
easyStorage is based in Oxford. Due to continued growth, they would like to recruit a new LGV Driver Apprentice to join their team.
The successful candidates will be employed on a full-time basis and enrolled onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme. They will train to obtain an LGV driving licence, and the knowledge and skills to become a competent LGV driver in the removals sector.
You will be responsible for driving and/or providing removals services to customers and clients, at their homes, business premises or residential addresses
The ideal candidate must be able to provide outstanding service to our customers. We require an adaptable individual, able to relate well to people. You must be able to pack, load, deliver, and unload without supervision.
- No long-distance travel.
- The job involves heavy lifting, dismantling of furniture, packing & wrapping, and dealing with customers.
- Classroom and on the job training is provided.
This is a full time position and includes enrolment onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme, giving you the knowledge and skills to become a competent LGV Driver in the Removals & Storage Sector. Training to drive LGV vehicles (up to 26 tonnes) forms part of this apprenticeship programme.
The Working Week
- The working week is Monday to Friday, can include working Saturdays
- Start time 8am
- Normal working week is 40 hours however will be expected to work overtime during the week & weekends to meet the needs of the business
- Moves between longer distances could involve overnight stays in lodgings or in a vehicle whether in the UK or overseas
Duties & Responsibilities
- Moving/relocating/installing office furniture and other items internally, to new premises, recycling centres or via storage
- Driving rigid commercial vehicles up to 3.5t.
- Training to become a driver of a rigid commercial vehicles and obtaining Cat C licence (Class 2) entitlements.
- Maintaining and complying with all company and legislation requirements including waste transfer notes and daily walk-around checks
- Promoting company core standards and values.
- Ensuring the safe loading and transportation of all furniture and effects.
- Ensuring the furnishing of extensive property protection to ensure delivery of service levels.
- Ensure working practices are safe and follow company best practice standards.
- Office removals or relocations.
- Taking goods into or out of storage and associated warehouse processes.
- Large specialist projects such as moving hospital, laboratory, library or school equipment.
- Moving specialist fine art and furniture.
- Completing regular relocation activities as and when required.
- GCSE English & maths grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent but not essential.
- Full Cat B licence
- Physically fit.
- Can deal with change.
- Proactively spot potential pitfalls and overcome.
- Polite, friendly manner and good communication skills.
- Careful and methodical approach to work.
- An honest and responsible attitude to other people’s property.
- A strong team player but who can work on his or her own initiative
- During the 12-month apprenticeship programme: £8.72 per hour
- Pay rate will rise on completion of the apprenticeship programme
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please email TimR@trstraining.net