This 1 Day Leadership & Management Course is for managers who have never had formal leadership training or for leaders who want to develop their understanding and use of tools and techniques to deliver better results.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of the critical skills and techniques required to be an effective manager and a greater awareness and perspective of leading people to maximise their performance.
- Understand the concept of leadership in the workplace
- Distinguish between leadership and management techniques
- Understand the essential qualities of a good leader
- Apply leadership models to lead people more confidently and effectively
- Appreciate your own and others’ behavioural styles to build rapport with people
- Identify how to use and implement management planning tool
- Explore how to give effective developmental feedback to inspire change in the behaviour of others
- Learn how to be assertive to influence and persuade
- Understand how to motivate your team to aspire to greater efforts
- Understanding leadership
- Leadership versus management
- Qualities of an effective leader
- Leadership models
- Working and behavioural styles
- Planning tool – goal setting
- Giving developmental feedback
- Assertiveness skills
- Motivating others
The course is one day long and runs from 8.15 am to 4 pm. The course is delivered in person through classroom-based learning. It is also available online.
The course is delivered at our TRS Training centres at Kammac in Knowsley or St Helens. It is also available online.
Cost & payment
The standard cost of this course is £345+VAT. There are discounts available for multiple bookings. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org specifying how many you wish to book and for which course.
The standard procedure is for candidates to pay for the course when booking on our Eventbrite page. However, if this is not possible, we have other options, including requesting an invoice for payment on the first day of training. You can choose either of these two options via our Eventbrite page.
Booking is usually via Eventbrite, unless it is for multiple bookings in which case please contact email@example.com
You can view our Commercial Course Calendar to see when this course is next running.