Head of Business Development
Salary & benefits
- Basic £40K plus PRP (OTE £55K)
- Fuel allowance
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- NEST Pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
Based at our head office in St Helens, Merseyside
TRS Training Ltd was established in 2011 and specialises in the delivery of training & apprenticeships to the Logistics & Haulage sectors Nationwide and our Head Office is based in St Helens, Merseyside.
We work in close partnership with trade associations that represent the logistics sector (RHA, BAR, BMF, UKWA) and we deliver training to both levy and non-levy employers.
We are also the highest-rated provider of L2 and L3 logistics apprenticeships on the Government’s procurement website.
Please visit our website where you will find more information about the company: https://www.trstrainingltd.com/
We are looking for an experienced, successful individual to lead our Business Development and Recruitment Department. The Head of Business Development will have a proven track record in commercial sales and apprenticeships, with the skill, ambition, and relentless appetite to exceed targets. To succeed, you and your team will have to confidently gain access to the key decision-makers and influencers to promote our products and services.
We are fast-paced, passionate, and results-focused, with learners at the centre of our organisation.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive a competitive salary plus an enhanced benefits package including car fuel allowance, laptop and mobile phone, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
More importantly, you will become part of a growing and dynamic team with the opportunity to nurture and develop the talent for employers in the Logistics & Haulage sectors. We will also invest in you, giving you access to continuous personal and professional development programmes. We want to support you to become an inspirational leader building a lifelong career with TRS Training.
- Develop and implement an ambitious business development strategy that meet set KPIs for sales, recruitment, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement a strategy that provides outstanding careers education information, advice and guidance
- Develop annual sales, marketing, social media campaigns and activity plans which are monitored and updated throughout the year to reflect business needs.
Business Development and Recruitment Department
- Manage the performance of the Business Development and Recruitment Department to ensure all targets for sales, recruitment, employer satisfaction, destinations, progressions and CEIAG are met as a minimum.
- Identify underperformance and take the appropriate action with staff where necessary including coaching, development, improvement plans and capability action.
- Be responsible for the department’s recruitment of learners onto the right programmes, enabling high levels of retention and enduring learner occupancy levels for all programmes are maximised.
- Actively maintain own professional competence including keeping up to date with Government, local, regional and national skills needs, and sector developments and priorities.
- Manage the department’s compliance, funding and quality standards competence and knowledge.
- Establish and maintain new business pipelines to meet monthly targets for the engagement of large and SME employers for programmes including (but not limited to) Apprenticeships, Skills Bootcamps, Adult Education AEB and commercial training.
- Take responsibility for managing the recruitment and employment outputs of all current and future funding streams, maximising the business needs.
- Assist with the winning of new contracts via bid writing and making a positive contribution towards the organisation’s overall bid strategy.
- Represent TRS at events and network meetings with employers, partners, funding organisations and sector specialists.
- Take responsibility for ensuring accounts with employers are effectively managed so that retention of customers is maintained.
- Be responsible for employer satisfaction monitoring and the achievement of satisfaction KPIs.
- Be responsible for destination and progress monitoring and reporting.
- Lead on award applications and celebration events.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Report on strategy progress, performance, employer satisfaction, recruitment, destinations and progression and quality of IAG to the governing board.
- Develop and maintain accurate management information processes that provide timely and in-depth reports of progress towards KPIs.
- Manage the department’s efficiency of timely and accurate record keeping.
- Work closely with other departments including Quality, Finance, Delivery and Compliance to provide coherence of service to our employers, customers and partners.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Functional skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT or equivalent qualifications
- A basic DBS check will be required in this role
- Own transport essential
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience managing a business development team to achieve and exceed targets
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Business Development role; working to, achieving and exceeding targets
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience of Business Development in a similar role within the apprenticeship sector
- A proven track record in delivering results through building trust and relationships with other companies
- Experience of undertaking travel, meeting existing and prospective clients, and attending networking events
- Experience of presenting ideas, in a consultative manner at the highest executive level
- Experience in development and implementation of strategic solutions
- Demonstrable experience of developing deep insight into prospective customers’ strategic growth plans – relating finding to our own product and service offering
- Experience of selling training
If you are interested in this role, please forward a copy of your CV to Kevin Birch email@example.com