TRS Training is currently recruiting for a porter apprenticeship position in Oxford. The apprentice will be employed by easyStorage.
easyStorage is a member of the easy family of brands, offering the no-frills approach to storage.
Easy Storage is based in Oxford. And due to continued growth, they would like to recruit a new Apprentice Porter to join their exiting team.
The successful candidates will be employed on a full-time basis and enrolled onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship programme that is designed to give them the knowledge and skills to become a competent Porter in the Removals Sector.
You will be responsible for driving and/or providing removals services to customers and clients, at their homes, business premises or residential addresses
The ideal candidate must be able to provide outstanding service to our customers. We require an adaptable individual, able to relate well to people. You must be able to pack, load, deliver, and unload without supervision.
No long-distance travel. The job involves heavy lifting, dismantling of furniture, packing & wrapping, and dealing with customers.
Full training will be provided, in the classroom and on the job.
- Visa to work in the UK or EU/UK Passport.
- Full UK Driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to multi-task & have a sense of humour
- Ability to think outside the box
- Good time management and the ability to prioritize tasks
The Working Week
- Monday to Friday – Saturday as required
- Start time is 8am
- Normal working week is around 40 hours per week, however, you will be expected to work overtime during the week & weekends to meet the needs of the business
Duties & Responsibilities
- Moving household and office furniture and other items to new premises or via storage
- Working in small through to large teams
- Household removals or relocation
- Office removals or relocation
- Taking goods into or out of storage
- Large specialist projects such as moving hospital, library or school equipment
- Moving specialist fine art and furniture
- Safely packaging items before removal or storage
- Wrap & protect furniture into special wrappings and packing cases for shipping overseas
- Using packaging to protect fragile items such as computers or antiques
- Taking apart larger items of furniture for packing and removal
- Taking down curtains and lifting carpets (if required)
- Removing doors, door frames or windows to get large pieces of furniture in or out of a building
- Packing items, loading them into your vehicle and securing them safely
- Checking that all goods are secure before driving off
- Relocating to the new location, unloading the items, reassembling large items and placing them where the customer wants them
- Unwrapping furniture and unpacking cartons
GCSE English & maths grades A*-C (9-4) or equivalent but not essential.
Preferred Skills & Qualities
- Well Groomed
- Physically fit
- A polite, friendly manner and good communication skills
- A level of flexibility is required for this role, due to the nature of the business
- A careful and methodical approach to your work
- An honest and responsible attitude to other people’s property
Once employed, the successful candidate will be enrolled onto a Porters Apprenticeship training programme with TRS Training. You will develop the skills required to be a successful porter thanks to the training you receive as part of your apprenticeship and by training on the job. The Apprenticeship programme lasts 12 months and you will obtain a level 2 qualification at the end. You will receive one-to-one support from a TRS tutor throughout your apprenticeship.
During the 12-month apprenticeship programme the hourly rate of pay will be £6.45 per hour, the rate will be increased on completion of the programme
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org